just posting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just posting

Post  neo_angel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am

Just posting here to make some impact about me. Gonna update the database after eset is finished with the image work Cool

neo_angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: just posting

Post  Raikou on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 am

good luck ~~

Raikou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:48 pm

neo_angel wrote:Just posting here to make some impact about me. Gonna update the database after eset is finished with the image work Cool

What are you talking about? Me Flash and Saga are working on the database for the cards. Unless I missed something that the main person behind the game isn't telling me. Basically all we were told to do is make a database for cards, which right now is just putting all the sets into different data tables, one for each set (going off what Kelu said). Are you doing separate work or something, because I am technically the person whose trying to organize this based off of what's needed at the time.

Edit: I don't care much about what you do really, I'm just confused on what's really needed. All I really said was that I volunteered to be the card database guy, Xola (or however you spell his name) gave me and anyone I said could help the job, then all we needed was, at first, to type up all the info and put them into this forum, and now (according to Kelu) to put them into a data table to help with organization. You can do what you want I suppose, but there's really a lack of what exactly is needed going on right now, all I know is Kelu seems to be controlling the card database a bit, and that's only because he suggest data table and needing them in like a month i believe he said.

Edit2: I don't think this sounds rude, but if it does I'm sorry. I'm just confused with a real lack of instructions, and then someone going and doing something that's involved with the card database, which I suppose i'm the head of seeing as how I got the job, then had two people added to the group to help me. I just wana make sure everything's organized for the most part, and Kelu is the only other person who seemed to be involved with the programming or something (based on the fact he wanted everything organized in data-table, I could be mis-interpreting his job however), so unless someone requested some other way of organizing it I think we're good, but again I'm kinda confused on the organization of the database, because only Kelu seemed to have any ideas for it.

Edit3 : Ok I see eset is working with the images from what you said in the first post, but I'm confused what you mean by update, and also how eset is going to work the images into what we're currently working on (see comment about Kelu). Unless the pics are going to be added with the card tables we typed up, I'm just confused and asking xoia at some point soon.

Last edited by Madden610 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 pm

basically...what do u mean by ''updating the database'' ?

if u mean add them too the game (which ima assume) good luck then...

but if u mean adding cards to tables for kelu then....i copy everything madden said above

yellow flash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikou on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 pm

yellow flash wrote:basically...what do u mean by ''updating the database'' ?

but if u mean adding cards to tables for kelu then....i copy everything madden said above

We work for Eset, Eset already coded the game and card database, Neo is working to insert all the cards into the game.
I don't know about Kelu, but I thought Kelu will code the map :\
And I already told Xoia to sync all the works, but no....he didn't read my PM....he just want to be the moderator of the forum....

Raikou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Raikou wrote:
yellow flash wrote:basically...what do u mean by ''updating the database'' ?

We work for Eset, Eset already coded the game and card database, Neo is working to insert all the cards into the game.
I don't know about Kelu, but I thought Kelu will code the map :\
And I already told Xoia to sync all the works, but no....he didn't read my PM....he just want to be the moderator of the forum....

Xoia....didn't mention this, and I told him I was the card database person and he said yeeah (that's why me, flash and saga have blue names), wow this is....bad. We already worked on creating the datatables for all the sets....And idk for Kelu as well, he was just sugesting or something I guess, idk, I assumed he may be doing with something with cards based off how he was speaking in the forum thread he created...

Edit:
kelu wrote:Hey guys, you are doing a great job with this data. Although I have a suggestion and a question. It would be much better if you could put all these in excel spreadsheets. So make a database of this, but put in order. It would be much easier for me to transfer it this way to the real database if you did that.
What I mean is a table like that:
kelostrada.pl/upload/table%20sample.xlsx
This is kinda what me flash and saga have been working based off this whole time after Xoia gave me the job...

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikou on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Hell...Xoia doesn't even respond to my PM which contains all the stuff he must do as the project leader and the forum moderator Neutral, and from the member list I can see his last visit was yesterday Neutral

hmmm....for now we should see kelu's progress on the game :\

Raikou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Raikou wrote:Hell...Xoia doesn't even respond to my PM which contains all the stuff he must do as the project leader and the forum moderator Neutral, and from the member list I can see his last visit was yesterday Neutral

Yeah I'm even reading through the "Our Skills" thread (aka the only one where things were discussed in terms of jobs). All it said about card database was I was given "lead position" or something along those lines, and Saga/Flash were added to my group so they could edit stuff in as well. I never even seen anything about Eset working on card images until that thread, and Neo is adding all the cards to the game apparently. But I guess it can still work out. After all me and the other 2 are just typing up all the text into data tables, Neo can put those in and Eset can put images in I guess? IDK really, this wasn't the most though out method lol. And yeah all I see is Kelu is a programmer for the game or something, and he was only aware of Me, Saga, Flash working, so all he told us to do/sugested was put the cards into data-tables for easy access.

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  neo_angel on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 am

Madden610 wrote:
Raikou wrote:Hell...Xoia doesn't even respond to my PM which contains all the stuff he must do as the project leader and the forum moderator Neutral, and from the member list I can see his last visit was yesterday Neutral

Yeah I'm even reading through the "Our Skills" thread (aka the only one where things were discussed in terms of jobs). All it said about card database was I was given "lead position" or something along those lines, and Saga/Flash were added to my group so they could edit stuff in as well. I never even seen anything about Eset working on card images until that thread, and Neo is adding all the cards to the game apparently. But I guess it can still work out. After all me and the other 2 are just typing up all the text into data tables, Neo can put those in and Eset can put images in I guess? IDK really, this wasn't the most though out method lol. And yeah all I see is Kelu is a programmer for the game or something, and he was only aware of Me, Saga, Flash working, so all he told us to do/sugested was put the cards into data-tables for easy access.
Nice to meet you.
Well eset is actually working also as the programmer ( according to my knowledge). So one day, he was discussing with some one about the database and i offered him some help regarding the database. I actually knew that u were the database supervisor here cuase the home of the site says so but still will gladly help in any task.( database adding, that is). ^_^

neo_angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am

well i suppose it all makes sense now ^^

the database team (the blue people) type the cards in tables from each set and give them to whoever....WHILE...neo...and...whoever (names have currently slipped my mind lol) add them directly to the game. which would take forever since they're programming the cards and images already.

Our job is to help them out by typing the cards in tables to make this entire process just a lot faster ^^

p.s : nice to meet u neo

yellow flash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm

neo_angel wrote:
Madden610 wrote:

Nice to meet you.
Well eset is actually working also as the programmer ( according to my knowledge). So one day, he was discussing with some one about the database and i offered him some help regarding the database. I actually knew that u were the database supervisor here cuase the home of the site says so but still will gladly help in any task.( database adding, that is). ^_^

Nice to meet you as well. And yeah I was just really confused about the whole situation considering that all the sudden I see you and Eset doin something while me Flash and Saga have been working at it for a decent amount of time. And my question is what is your job suppose to be, based off what you're doing with Eset? Like are you programming the cards in? Or what really I suppose? Or are you typing up card info like we've been doing (Flash, Saga and I)? Because if you/Eset need the cards typed up I can have flash/saga type up cards, have them send them to me to be checked, and then sent to whoever of you two needs it. I actually kinda wana revert to an overseer/leader of the team, and not have to be too worried about typing it all up (cause I have a really busy high school work load, but I still wana be part of/leader of the team so I can at least make sure everything looks good/comes together).

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikou on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Madden610 wrote:
Nice to meet you as well. And yeah I was just really confused about the whole situation considering that all the sudden I see you and Eset doin something while me Flash and Saga have been working at it for a decent amount of time. And my question is what is your job suppose to be, based off what you're doing with Eset? Like are you programming the cards in? Or what really I suppose? Or are you typing up card info like we've been doing (Flash, Saga and I)? Because if you/Eset need the cards typed up I can have flash/saga type up cards, have them send them to me to be checked, and then sent to whoever of you two needs it. I actually kinda wana revert to an overseer/leader of the team, and not have to be too worried about typing it all up (cause I have a really busy high school work load, but I still wana be part of/leader of the team so I can at least make sure everything looks good/comes together).

Neo-Angel is working to add the cards into the game, so you can give him/her the card database. Oh, you also need to give the card code (BT##/### ,TD##/### etc), they will need it.

Raikou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Raikou wrote:
Madden610 wrote:

Neo-Angel is working to add the cards into the game, so you can give him/her the card database. Oh, you also need to give the card code (BT##/### ,TD##/### etc), they will need it.

Ok then this still works, I think I'll just have Saga/Flash send him the docs or something. Also do we have to label the card code right now? Because really, unless saga or flash did something weird, everything is in order for a set, so they can just be added as they're put in (I say that because we've already technically did all the sets without, and we're essentially done otherwise). I mean I can totally do that, saga and flash won't care too much I hope, but I mean neo can do that to seeing as how our work is done mostly, Neo can just add the set codes as the cards are being transferred to him.

Neo any complaints about this? I don't care either way, but you can determine if we do the set codes, or if you just can add them as you get the cards.

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top