Our skills.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Our skills.

Post  Xoia on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am

Inhumanoid, do you have some training/skill/experience in Photoshop, or any other photo editing software? If so, can you show me some of your previous work, or some examples that you could show? If so, if Kokuwo is ok with it, i could add you to the art team.

And for anyone, does anyone here have any sort of training in some of the more advanced video editing/animation software, like flash, after effects, premier, ect? I'd like to try and release a few video promos as the game progresses, to try to keep people interested, if possible.

Xoia
Admin

View user profile http://cardfight-forever.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 am

Eset try to uncheck the option from Tool > Options... > Debugging > General > Enable Just My Code (Managed only)

Try to run your code not as debug, but as release. maybe you got osme breakpoints set somewhere?

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inhumanoid on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 am

Can make portraits of all major (and minor if needed) characters. In suitable format, edited in photoshop

inhumanoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 am

coding isnt something you can manage to learn in a few days. But if you want to try, then please read some tutorials about C# object-oriented programming, there is no harm in trying.

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kingsley on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 am

Xoia wrote:Kingsly, if you have any skill in coding, art, or anything like that, we're still looking for people to help design the game. If not, no game is complete without players, and anyone can come offer support to the design team, and offer their input.
how to do coding i like to help that

kingsley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eset on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

i can compile a c# program, but when i code xna 4 , the window doesn't open i get output messages leading me nowhere, i changed the profile to use reach instead of Hidef, still nothing?
'Vangaurd.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Vangaurd.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

Eset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm

ok cool, i saw u worked with Java, but I got much more experience in C# so it's much better choice for me Smile
Can you design a class for cards and show it to me? Do you know what UML diagrams are?

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eset on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Id actually rather code in C#.. i finally got it working now I'm adding XNA 4.0

Eset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:54 pm

On another thought I think if you started doing it in Java we can go with Java. Can you use SVN with netbeans?

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Please install visual studio express 2010: microsoft.com/visualstudio/plk/downloads#d-2010-express
You need 2010 because XNA 4.0 needs this version. We won't be working with Windows Forms though, so I think your experience here won't be very useful. Although, do you know what object-oriented programming is?

If you want to learn XNA (you can train C# and object-oriented programming too with this) please do this tutorial: riemers.net/eng/Tutorials/XNA/Csharp/series2d.php
It's explaining how to make a pretty simple game. It's not hard, but if you manage to get it then you will be able to create simple graphics etc, which we need in the game matches. Isometric playground is a bit harder and I think I'll work on that one. I think you could try to make the game itself, or at least interface for it Smile

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eset on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 pm

I was thinking same thing, I wanted to use c# but I couldn't get Visual Studios working, if someone has the link i can code in c#, php, I can code in java..

Here is my skills:
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=109273219247964&set=pb.100004958588142.-2207520000.1357590114&type=3&theater

Eset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am

Kingsly, if you have any skill in coding, art, or anything like that, we're still looking for people to help design the game. If not, no game is complete without players, and anyone can come offer support to the design team, and offer their input.

Xoia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kingsley on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 am

i would like to help for the game but what can i do?

kingsley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 am

The case is I never asked about anything specific, you guys started preparing the database on your own, so don't be mad at me when I say we didn't start anything yet. As I said before - making a game like this isn't a process to make overnight, and it needs a lot of planning (programmist planning). We need at least a team of 2-3 people willing to code.

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  supremedragonoppai on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

Kokuwo wrote:I have a question.

Has there been any work done on the coding for this game yet? Sure it's nice that you guys are making a database for the cards and all that, but, don't you think it's important to get the basic structures done first? Like, being able to move around on a map, entering a cardfight with other players? Having a savefile for the decks and all of the small things as well? I can't continue working on just art without knowing how far everyone else has gotten on everything else.

he has a point when u are creating a proggram the first thing is the coding , its good that u have the rest but without a prototype of the base in the future game its not use

supremedragonoppai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 pm

So far, kelu and Eset are working on code. I don't know the specifics, but feel free to PM them to collaberate. It looks like Eset has maybe started on a gameboard or something.

Remember though, coding is a lengthy process, and the game may take some time, as people are working on this in their free time, so full updates may not always be possible.

Xoia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokuwo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I have a question.

Has there been any work done on the coding for this game yet? Sure it's nice that you guys are making a database for the cards and all that, but, don't you think it's important to get the basic structures done first? Like, being able to move around on a map, entering a cardfight with other players? Having a savefile for the decks and all of the small things as well? I can't continue working on just art without knowing how far everyone else has gotten on everything else.

Kokuwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Problem with adding pics to post in the card database. Will try and work around later. For now me and the people that are helping me are just working on getting the text done.

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

KiritoK wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to add the current maps into the cfc? Because the page is shutting down not the game itself although I don't know what BYond will do about the actual game..
byond cannot do anything about the game, only programmer who is maintaining it can. And we have no access to the source code, so we cannot add or edit anything. That's why the game needs to be done from the scratch. And the makers of the game said they won't keep maintaining it so you can still play there but no updates will be available.

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Xoia wrote:Ok madden. I added the users to your group, and changed the permissions so that you can make topics/post stuff.

Thanks, that'll definitely help. First set will be up in a moment (just text, I'll add pics in a bit).

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KiritoK on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to add the current maps into the cfc? Because the page is shutting down not the game itself although I don't know what BYond will do about the actual game..

KiritoK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Ok madden. I added the users to your group, and changed the permissions so that you can make topics/post stuff.

Xoia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madden610 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm

KiritoK wrote:I would like to help out with the card database if possible but might I suggest using the current cfc program and adding new content to it because I think it's possible and I have a server do we can test the new cards added

I think we're good with the data base at the moment. I divided everything up between me and the two users that pm'd me (at least i think i didn't miss any of the packs while dividing lol). And Idk about the current cfc/ how to get that but I think we're good anyway, we got all the important info down as text, and then later when the info is going up (aka once the section is created) I'm just dropping the info in along with a pic of the card.

Madden610

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm

ok

edit : was saying ok to madden. not to confuse with kirito's post

yellow flash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KiritoK on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I would like to help out with the card database if possible but might I suggest using the current cfc program and adding new content to it because I think it's possible and I have a server do we can test the new cards added

KiritoK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top