Kokuwo's Art Progress.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kokuwo's Art Progress.

Post  Kokuwo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Here's an update to what I've done so far, since I can't do much today due to school/homework.
I added more things to the map, as well as started on the character sprites. I haven't finished any of the character sprites yet though, but I would like your opinion on them.

Kokuwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CM4Saga on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy saga here and ready to help in all i can, what did you need i do?

CM4Saga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolteon on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 am

Uwooooo~ It looks so kyun kyun~ (Rekka FTW) >w< I've been a player in Cardfight!! Capital, and I must say, that your design looks just as awesome! I hope you're thinking to put Milky Holmes too? xD Very Happy

Jolteon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokuwo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 am

taproot wrote:I must say, the isometric display is simply divine. There are only 2 things that bother me about the design as is, and I think it'll work wonderfully.

1) The room has a large space in the middle filled with absolutely nothing. I think you need another set of tables or, if you're feeling a bit more festive, a creative display.

2) I think both the walls and the tables being pink is a bit excessive. I don't mind the tables being pink, and I think the pink with the yellow stripe is actually a bit eye-popping, but I don't think the conflicting pinks work well with each other. I think if you try a couple of different colors for the table, you might get something that works a bit better with the walls.

3) The room seems a bit sterile. I think what's causing the effect in question is that all the tables hit the same place on the wall, and that along with the line on the bottom is creating an illusion of a room almost unnaturally orderly. I think something like a poster, a wall clock, or even something like a display case on the wall between the pink tables in the front and the white tables in the back would go a long wat in making the room feel more natural.

Other than that, great initial designs. I like the layered look of the place, and look forward to how it looks as the project progresses.

1) I have said that it is unfinished and I was planning on adding something to that area.
2) I am basing all the colors on various screenshots that I have made from the anime with the Cardfight Capital Cardshop.
3) Same as 1), it is unfinished and I am still adding stuff to the map.

Kokuwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:45 am

Just put up some posters on the walls and make the room bigger Wink

About isometric games - actually I have a little experience in this area in XNA and I think I might be able to do it. Although I must say it's usually a lot more work than just 2d game.
And there is one more issue - we need new people-models. We cannot use those from cardfight capital in an isometric game. So please tell us if you are able to work on those.

kelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  taproot on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 am

I must say, the isometric display is simply divine. There are only 2 things that bother me about the design as is, and I think it'll work wonderfully.

1) The room has a large space in the middle filled with absolutely nothing. I think you need another set of tables or, if you're feeling a bit more festive, a creative display.

2) I think both the walls and the tables being pink is a bit excessive. I don't mind the tables being pink, and I think the pink with the yellow stripe is actually a bit eye-popping, but I don't think the conflicting pinks work well with each other. I think if you try a couple of different colors for the table, you might get something that works a bit better with the walls.

3) The room seems a bit sterile. I think what's causing the effect in question is that all the tables hit the same place on the wall, and that along with the line on the bottom is creating an illusion of a room almost unnaturally orderly. I think something like a poster, a wall clock, or even something like a display case on the wall between the pink tables in the front and the white tables in the back would go a long wat in making the room feel more natural.

Other than that, great initial designs. I like the layered look of the place, and look forward to how it looks as the project progresses.

taproot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:12 am

That's very good. You just earned yourself title of "Head Artist". Though, unfortunately, i don't know what format the new game will be in quite yet. That decision is up to Kelu and Eset, and the rest of the programming team, to make. Though, that looks alot better than the top down view of CFC.

Xoia
Admin

View user profile http://cardfight-forever.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kokuwo's Art Progress.

Post  Kokuwo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 am

Fufufu~
Hello everyone~
This is Kokuwo speaking~
As you all may or may not know, I am one of the artists/iconers that will be helping out with this game.
I will post in this forum topic all of the artwork that I have done so far for Cardfight Forever.
However, there is something I need to know, and that is, whether or not the game will be an up and down game like Cardfight Capital was or if it will be isometric, which is what I prefer. It is important that I learn of what it'll be as soon as possible, or else, all of my progress will be for naught.

Anyway, here's something I did in a day, it's not done yet, but I just want to stop and call it a day. I'll work more on it in the near future though. (I made a sprite sheet for this, so don't worry about having to rip stuff out of the image. >w<;...)

http: http://puu.sh/1KaHm (I'm not allowed to post links yet, so you have to copy and paste the link, as well as removing the space in it. Sorry. v-v) (Also, it's in isometric form, which is why I wanted to know whether or not the game will be up or down or isometric. D:)

Please tell me how you think about it. Smile

Kokuwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top