Cardfight Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our skills.

+28
The Alien ET
ThreeOmi
Blaster
Rebornthunder
Private_Foxy
JaiOfHearts
Raikou
Censible
Kamaha
ImmortalVulcan
The Mau5
Eset
kingsley
Kokuwo
KiritoK
taproot
Knightmare91
inhumanoid
Ventus
CM4Saga
supremedragonoppai
Madden610
naruto2821
Tonyrocks345
TheOperator
yellow flash
Xoia
kelu
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Our skills. - Page 5 Empty Re: Our skills.

Post  yellow flash Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 am

hmmm....is this the site we'll use forever...or just for the making of this game?

yellow flash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonyrocks345 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 pm

One thing though...is that we need to make sure to update the people on the facebook pages the progress the game currently has and what not.....also updates or ideas that are currently being discussed, its best not to keep people in the dark about things

and as for me, i will just work as a person full of ideas, beta tester, and or help in any opinion on things

Tonyrocks345

Back to top Go down

Post  naruto2821 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Even though if I don't know anything about coding and what not, I'll be like a beta player. See what can be fixed and made better. So dont make the file too big..... Other wise, I'll help!

naruto2821

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 pm

nice idea Xioa....people were suggesting a place for teams and an in-game friends list...but it never happened.

adding that to this game would be awesome ^^ i never did like the byond pager....was WAAAAAYYYY to slow

yellow flash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonyrocks345 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:44 pm

That is a good idea Xoia...however make sure to leave some room for ideas like these as well..

Tonyrocks345

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 pm

I may be the one who started this, but I'm not the end-all be-all for this in any way. Anyone who wants to suggest ideas or anything like that is more than welcome.

But i was defiantly thinking of giving the size/shape template to people, and allowing them to make their own characters, or maybe allowing customizable characters. In the end, it's the programming team, at this point led by Kelu and Eset, as to what they are able, what they are willing to do.

Another idea i had is to make team rooms, areas where people can go, they can choose from a few skins and a few options n such, sortof like a base only people from that team are allowed in, and something like a team list, and an ingame friends/rivals list.

Xoia
Admin

https://cardfight-forever.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 pm

yeah your right...automatic would cause a lot of problems.....and a lot more work...so it would be best to keep it simple.

though it can be good to have it where people can upload there own pic/avatar. i dont know how much work that would take but....it would be good to have this game better than CFC in some way...i just think thats the simplest way.

p.s. : everyone who makes the suggestions here think they're planning the operation...well...we are...but we have no idea if they'll be added...but it'd be nice if we know we're helping in this way Very Happy

yellow flash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonyrocks345 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Hmmm...i like the idea......however the special rules idea and restricted list ideas are things to think about....also for Tag Fights......but like i said maps and icons need to be top priority before anything else...

however when it comes to automatics you have to be careful, especially if mistakes are made on the player in which they may have to change...so it might be a good idea to do that...but make sure players also still have a free ability to do stuff in their own pace, especially when there are some skills that can happen at the same time and in any order that the person wishes.

Also as a side note....i feel like i am the planner of this operation in a way lol

Tonyrocks345

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 pm

so your thinking of an automatic game like yugioh pro....but a ''avatar - walk around'' system like CFC...

hmmm its a really nice idea...maybe i can find some coders that are willing to help Very Happy

yellow flash

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm

I didn't mean special rules, like those in the anime. I meant rules for skills in cards. That means that all effects of cards would be programmed, so you, as a player, wouldn't need to click everything, it would just happen on its own in the program.

And about creating a simple game which looks close to Cardfight Capital - programming it isn't the biggest issue. The biggest work probably would be creating and maintaining card database, which can be done by regular people.
kelu
kelu

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonyrocks345 Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Just make sure it has the same basis as the original game, the special rules can be put on there as a choice for people, the restriction list for that make that a choice for people to use or not, tag fighting idk how that can be implemented is something to looked into as well, but maps and icons should be top priority before you think about details and mostly getting the actual game to work.

Tonyrocks345

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Well I won't start the work on my own alone with this so we're waiting for some other coders to show up. But people who wants to test things out etc might be very necessary also, for example to make data base of cards, maintain it, provide and find best looking pictures. Me and my friend thought about some special rules set for the game, to make it less flexible, so people cannot cheat. To do so, we would need some staff to write these rules to the card description - it's a lot of work, but "regular" people should be able to do so without much explaining.

But we will think it through and start the work only if we find enough people wanting to start this project code-wise.
kelu
kelu

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOperator Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Sadly, my coding skills are minimal at best. I can do testing, though, if desired, and check for bugs with the system.
TheOperator
TheOperator

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm

I think there is not BEST solution, but I like C# .NET + XNA
kelu
kelu

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow flash Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello,

i just got an email this morning about this and...the only skill in coding i have is with web design....so i dont know how useful that is at the moment...but i want to help out..

basically....since my coding skills aren't great...i wanted to apply for a tester...if its needed at the moment...but if its not....then ya'll know who to call lol

yellow flash

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Understandable. User Eset has also volunteered to help out with coding. What language do you think you would code in for somethign like this?

Xoia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kelu Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah I think so, although making a game like that isn't a project to do overnight Wink
kelu
kelu

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoia Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Kelu, I am looking for a couple of lead programmers/coders for the game. I personally have minimal experience with coding. Creating a website is something i might be able to do. Actually coding the game would be something very different. Do you think that your coding ability would be up to that level?

Xoia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our skills. - Page 5 Empty Our skills.

Post  kelu Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello,
I am a coder. I know C#, C++ and Java. I know some stuff about all different SQL servers. PHP too but I belive it's not relevant. I would love to take part in rebirth of Cardfight online, so please let me know if we want to start something out.

Please write your skills in this topic guys, see you
kelu
kelu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum